Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Cook - The Lodge at Vail
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary and Responibilites:
- Functions as an experienced cook, working banquets , a la carte and live action stations
- In addition to cooking menu items, prepping for banquets, and other oulets in the hotel
- Follow established recipes.
- Record temperature logs, label, date and rotate food , and keep coolers clean and organized.
- Develop and tests new recipes and menu items.
- May assist with ordering and inventory management.
- Oversees food preparation and provides training and guidance to more junior staff.
- Enforces company policies ensuring they are in effect, including but not limited to: clean as you go, proper uniform worn, month end inventories taken, safety training on food handling equipment; accident reports written
- High school diploma or equivalent. -preferred
- Culinary degree or certificate. -preferred
- Minimum 4 years line cook experience. -preferred
- Must be able to perform at a high level on any line station and be able to assist with all phases of food preparation. -required
- Previous experience in a hotel/resort Food & Beverage department. -preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English both written and verbal. -preferred
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours. -required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. -required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125062
5 months ago