Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Cook - The Arrabelle at Vail Square
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
From casual comforting cuisine to upscale Alpine inspired dining, The Arrabelle at Vail Square offers a variety of dining options to please every palette. The Arrabelle at Vail Square is currently looking for Advanced Cooks to join our team. An Advanced Cook will play a part in the operation of all of the Arrabelle's culinary outlets including The Tavern on the Square, our lively restaurant that features mouthwatering breakfasts, desserts and everything in between. The Arrabelle Culinary Department is also responsible for In Room Dining, Employee Dining and catering to our robust banquet department which plays host to numerous weddings, corporate events and other special occasions.
The Advanced Cook is a Line cook in fast paced culinary environment. Will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls. Will assist in prepping all kitchen lines and re-stocking the lines, as necessary. Help to receive food and dry goods for the kitchen and properly account for such deliveries. Keep all coolers and walk-ins neat and clean. Properly store/cover all food items and rotate products for freshness. Help the Chef(s) maintain all par levels for the kitchen(s).
· High School diploma or equivalent. -required
· Current certification in state Professional Food Handler Program. -required
· Culinary degree/certificate. -preferred
· Previous culinary experience. -required
· 2-4 years of culinary experience as a Line Cook in an upscale, high volume hotel/resort or restaurant. -required
· Computer proficiency. -preferred
· Prior experience using word, outlook and excel. -preferred
· Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal. -required
· Ability to communicate in Spanish. -preferred
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. -required
· Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time. -required
· Must be willing to work weekends and holidays. -required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124834
6 months ago