Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Cook - Sevens
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Advanced Cook - Sevens - Winter Seasonal
The Cook will be responsible for preparing and cooking food while delivering exceptional guest service to dining guests. The Advanced Cook is also responsible for performing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks in addition to cooking complex menu items and preparing sauces & glazes to enhance flavors. The Advanced Cook will improvise on established recipes based on availability of ingredients. The Advanced Cook will oversee food preparation and will provide training & guidance to Entry & Intermediate level Cooks. They will suggest, develop & test new recipes and menu items. They may assist with ordering & inventory management.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee kitchen during the Chef and/or Sous Chef's absence, supervising stations and ensuring operating standards are met.
- Responsible for production on own station and coordinates with Entry & Intermediate level Cooks on their stations with a high level of kitchen awareness.
- Advises Sous Chef, Chef and/or other Management of anticipated problems.
- Preps and works assigned stations quickly and cleanly
- Follow prep sheets accurately and with a sense of urgency
- Prepare food to the specifications of the Chef
- Reads, understands and follows recipes and standards
- Advises higher level Cooks and/or Managers of anticipated problems
- Take orders from customers and cook a variety of foods that require a short preparation time.
- Suggestive selling to customers, adding items such as fries with a burger, etc.
- Complete orders from steam tables, placing food on guest trays, counters, or guest tables
- Grill and garnish hamburgers or other meats such as steaks, chops, etc
- Strong knife skills required including the ability to tourne, julienne, brunoise, dice, chop and mince.
- Able to execute the following skills to a high standards; sautee, broil, bake, poach and braise.
- Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, counters, tables, etc. without supervision
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with front of house staff
- Ability to communicate effectively and with a sense of urgency
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safety and sanitary food handling practices.
- Takes responsibility for product used in their station and manages it to assure a quality product.
- FIFO (first in, first out) rule observed daily in food rotation
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of previous restaurant or culinary service experience
- Able to communicate English
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Culinary degree
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123504
Tourism - Travel
18 days ago