Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Cook - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! Wilmot Mountain is looking for enthusiastic, positive and high energy individuals to join our team! We are a crew with a strong dedication to guest service who provide quality food in full-service dining, and quick serve restaurants. Our cooks will ensure their food quality will provide guests with a pleasant dining experience on a daily basis. The Advanced Cook will provide first class service to all guests in our upbeat and fast-paced restaurant environment. Other duties require our cooks to work closely with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef to ensure all kitchen operations are performed to provide the best possible guest experience. In addition to food preparation and cooking, duties include stocking, maintaining and cleaning service area. Through this role, he/she will have the opportunity to serve as an integral member of the team by elevating the guest experience with each order.
• Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
• Supervise and assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all necessary food, supplies and equipment.
• Supervise and assist with the preparation of various hot foods, such as cooking basic sauces, soups and vegetable dishes; butchering meats, poultry and fish.
• Supervise and perform a variety of more complex cooking tasks, such as sautéing.
• Supervise and assist with the proper plating of dinners.
• Supervise and assist with the preparation of various breakfast and/or luncheon entrees and side dishes.
• Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats and cheese, and the like.
• Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for serving
• Ensure that established health and safety procedures are followed.
• Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture and appearance.
• Monitor all food production methods for cost and time efficiency.
• Supervise and assist with various inventory control and ordering tasks.
• Assist in menu planning for assigned meals/functions.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary workspace at all times
• Maintain a safe working environment in the kitchen, service line, and surrounding areas
• Take ownership of the products and procedures to ensure a quality product
• Communicate with supervisor/co-workers and follow instructions both oral and written
• Perform other duties as required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Training in a culinary arts school plus 2 years of professional cooking experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours per shift.
• Must be able to carry up to 50lbs
• Must have Customer Service Skills
• Must have Communication Skills
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Wear of slip resistant shoes required
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago