Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Cook - PT - Saddleridge - Summe Seasonal - Beaver Creek, CO
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Fine Dining Advanced Cook is an experienced cook with a positive work ethic and general leadership qualities, who is career-oriented, creative, and active. The Advanced Cook understands the importance of standards, speed, and quality and works under the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and General Manager to prepare and cook the necessary quantities of food and carry out established quality standards. He/She possesses abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices. The Advanced Cook is proficient in all positions in the kitchen and may be responsible for training and overseeing employees and running the daily kitchen operations. Other duties as assigned.
- · High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- · Must be able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently
- · Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- · Must have a minimum 3 years cooking experience
- · Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment for up to 8 hours during a shift
- · Must be able to give and receive oral direction in a loud kitchen environment
- · Must work weekends and holidays as necessary
- · Must have advanced knowledge of proper cutting techniques, kitchen safety and sanitation
- · Must be able to work standing on feet for at least 8 hours at a time
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126127
about 1 month ago