Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Cook - Mountain House
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This experienced culinary position is responsible for managing the outlet's kitchen during the chef's absence, supervising all stations and operations are to standards.
Job Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Preps and works quickly and cleanly and is responsible for an assigned station in kitchen.
- Ability to work all stations in kitchen as required.
- Assist culinary team in achieving labor and food production goals
- Help assure safe and clean work condition for all personnel.
- Cook and prepare food to order on a daily basis to the standard and quality expected.
- Follows directions/specifications of the chef and supervisors.
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with service staff.
- Help the chef maintain all par levels for the kitchen
- Help to receive food and dry goods for the kitchen and properly account for such deliveries.
- Will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls using proper culinary techniques.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Work multiple stations; work off a prep list and complete station set up in time allotted.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Food and Beverage Department and Vail Resorts.
- Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills.
- Must adhere to Cutting Edge Safety Training and ServSafe Training
- Minimum 2 years of quality cook experience - Required
- Culinary degree/certification - Preferred
- Possesses strong abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices
- Has own culinary tools or ability to purchase if required by outlet - required
- Must provide Certified Slip Resistant Shoes
- Supervisory experience - preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Positive work ethic
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and stand for the duration of the shift.
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Interesting and Informational Links:
- Find out more about Vail Resorts Recruitment and “like” our page on Facebook
- Find out more about Keystone Resort
- Find out more about our Company Policies
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127433
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago