Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Bootfitter - Any Mountain - Part Time
Corte Madera, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of Job:
Responsible for assisting guests with boot selection, proper fit, stance, balancing, alignment and custom footbeds. Describes and promotes products in line with customers’ expressed needs. Places guests in properly fitting demo equipment. Conducts inventory of demo equipment. Demonstrates complete knowledge of ski boots, all aspects of foot function, and is able to perform all boot work. Functions independently with little or no guidance. Requires extensive experience, background, training and/or bootfitting certification. May train new and existing associate positions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Serve customers by developing a rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of sale
· Properly identify customer riding ability, have general understanding of basic foot identification and measurements (length, width, overall shape, size, etc.)
· Demonstrate knowledge of products and inventory to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Communicate effectively with customers, teach as well as listen on all levels
· Responsible for increasing sales, units per transaction, transaction size and high levels of profitability in day to day activities and sales
· Serve as a resource and knowledge base for new and existing employees by providing support, training and feedback
Education: HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
Work Experience: Relevant work experience within the ski industry
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills with ability to learn
Language(s) Skill: English fluency
Other Requirements: Excellent customer service skills. Ability to handle multiple customers and projects at one time. Ability to manage and provide direction when necessary
Preferred Skills: Average math skills. Bootfitter Certification
Since 1972, Any Mountain has been outfitting Bay Area enthusiasts with outdoor, skiing, and snowboarding equipment. With a crew of passionate outdoor enthusiasts whose expertise is unrivaled, and a selection of gear and apparel that fits your outdoor lifestyle, no other local shop supports your endeavors—from ordinary to extraordinary epics days—quite like we do. Recently voted by our own employees in back to back years as one of “Best and Brightest Companies to work for in the Bay Area,” come join our team and be a part of the experience! www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125807
about 1 month ago