Work for Vail Resorts
Advanced Bike Mechanic - Any Mountain - Part Time
Concord, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Our Bike Mechanics are responsible for assisting in store service operations, to expertly provide quality tune-ups and repairs, building bikes and offer a world-class customer experience, contributing to the success of the team and the entire company.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interface with the customer to assess service needs
- Inspect, repair, and service customers' bicycles
- Assist in generating bike and accessory sales
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Communicate with store management to achieve a seamless customer experience and maximize profitability
- Minimum of 2 years bike mechanic experience in a retail store
- Previous experience with various bike components, service tools, and machinery
- Passion for cycling / bicycles
- Ability to build all levels of bikes from the box to a safe, ride ready bike
- Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- Basic computer skills
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends
Some of the benefits include:
- Excellent training and professional development
- Employee discounts at our retail stores; including bikes and parts
- Free ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts, and summer lift pass for mountain biking!
Since 1972, Any Mountain has been outfitting Bay Area enthusiasts with outdoor, skiing, and snowboarding equipment. With a crew of passionate outdoor enthusiasts whose expertise is unrivaled, and a selection of gear and apparel that fits your outdoor lifestyle, no other local shop supports your endeavors—from ordinary to extraordinary epics days—quite like we do. Recently voted by our own employees in back to back years as one of “Best and Brightest Companies to work for in the Bay Area,” come join our team and be a part of the experience! www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 118882
30 days ago