Work for Vail Resorts
Adv: Trail Maintenance Crew - Summer Seasonal
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at Northstar California /Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Advanced Trail Maintenance Crew– FT Summer Seasonal – Northstar California
The terrain parks Advanced Trail Maintenance Crew member will perform maintenance and refurbishing tasks on existing terrain park rail and box features. The primary responsibilities will include the reparation of feature elements such as wood, steel, paint, and plastic. The crew member must be proficient with various hand and power tools such as cutting tools, grinders, paint sprayer, and forklifts. Explicit attention to detail, safety, and time management are essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the maintenance and construction of Terrain Park features
- Fabricate new terrain park features using materials such as steel, wood, plastic, and various forms of hardware.
- Competent in adhering to structural plans, performing precise measurements, and executing all projects in a timely manner while paying explicit detail to safety.
- Ability to operate some heavy equipment such as backhoe, excavator, forklift, chainsaw, and all power tools associated with basic construction
- Ability to measure and cut materials such as steel, wood, and plastic
- Must be capable of structural welding and fabrication
- Must be capable of painting by hand and using paint spraying devices
- Must be able to adhere to project timelines and work independently
- Must have experience using tools such as drills, grinders, circular saws, forklifts, hand tools
- Must be able to perform all fabrication and maintenance tasks in both a work shop and outdoor scenario
One of the finest year-round mountain resorts in North America, Northstar California is host to a base area village featuring unique shops and restaurants, a conference center, 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink, on-site lodging, special events and more! A winter sport enthusiast's paradise, Northstar offers 97 ski trails spread across 3,170 acres, award-winning terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and Telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, and fly-fishing!
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 121423
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago