Work for Vail Resorts
Activities Operator - Adventure Center - Holiday Help - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The activities operator at Adventure Peak will work to provide guests with an Experience of a Lifetime enjoying the thrills and exhilaration of a mountain coaster and tubing hill. The operators will work at various stations to provide instruction, safety overview and guidance to our guests as they experience adventure and excitement at Heavenly's Adventure Peak. This position is hiring operators for holiday help.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Follow and adhere to all company and departmental service standards.
- Maintain a safe work area
- Tools stored, snow and dust removed, deck clear of debris, etc.
- Abide by operating procedures
- Opening/closing procedures, inspections of equipment, communication with guests etc.
- Greet, makes eye contact, listen to and respond appropriately to every guest's needs and or questions.
- Adapt schedule and work flow to changing business levels.
- Follow and perform all departmental policies and procedures.
- Work in an efficient, accurate and organized manner.
- Monitor the operations of the activity and its components continually, and notify appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions.
- Complete all required paperwork legibly and in a timely manner.
- Willingly perform expected amount of physical work.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping pertaining to all operational log sheets.
- Groomed and outfitted in the proper uniform according to department and company standards.
- Willingly perform other tasks as assigned.
- Daily tasks for this position include shoveling snow and operating the Ridge Rider coaster, or Tubing Hill.
- Lift/push up to 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Able to reach above head and operate tools and activity components.
- Climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, hear, see, carry
- Participate in repetitive motions.
- Occasionally required to begin work early.
- Over 18 years old
- High school education required
- Ability to work quickly, remain alert and strictly observe safety procedures.
- Ability to learn a variety of information about activities, events, policies, procedures, schedules, and the like, pertaining to the resort and the area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage guests in a courteous, efficient, and confident manner.
- Strong understanding of guest service
- Positively contributing team player
- Previous experience working with outdoor programs or similar activity preferred.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127789
Tourism - Travel
7 months ago