Work for Vail
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Located at 10,350 feet, Adventure Ridge is packed with high altitude fun! We work hard so our guests can play hard. From Bungee Trampolines and Climbing Wall to Zip Lining and Ropes Challenge Courses to rip roaring Summer Tubing and a variety of guided tours, we offer a family experience Like Nothing on Earth.
The Attractions Attendant is responsible for the safe operation of: summer tubing, bungee trampoline, climbing wall, and kid’s attractions. Providing a safe, fun, and engaging interactive environment for our guests and employees alike on all of the Adventure Ridge activities. This position is also responsible for following the goals and objectives set forth by Vail Resorts and the Adventure Ridge Management Team. Employees are encouraged to build lasting relationships with guests and fellow employees by providing each with an Experience of a Lifetime.
Employees are expected to assist in other aspects of the operation and to lead activities that may include, but are not limited to: Challenge Courses, Zip Line, Forest Flyer Mountain Coaster and Zip Tour.
All summer staff is expected to work the full season, starting mid-May through September.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Primarily responsible for operation the following activities: Bungee Trampolines, Climbing Wall, Kids Challenge Course, Kids Zip
- Line, Forest Flyer Mountain Coaster and Summer Tubing.
- Performs all tasks for which the work group is responsible.
- Provide a safe environment for guests and staff to participate while providing safety, fun, and learning at the highest level.
- Follow proper operating procedures to ensure the highest level of safety.
- Ensure the highest level of cleanliness at all times.
- Actively mitigate any hazards that may arise.
- Actively participate in daily meetings so the team can carry out assigned goals and objectives.
- Work with Adventure Ridge Management, Maintenance Team, and other key departments to keep our facilities and equipment maintained and in safe working order.
- Some early summer prep is required such as, but not limited to, post-hole digging, moving and building attractions, moving and building materials for fences.
- Must be able to remain calm and in control in varying degrees of emergency situations (weather, medical, rescue).
- Excellent verbal communication and guest service skills, ability to deliver all safety, instructional, and interpretive content and messages in a clear and comprehensive manner to guests of all ages.
- Must be able to deliver a world-class guest experience while maintaining strict focus on the safety and well-being of the participants
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time - required.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends and nights - required.
- Must be able to adequately understand English - required.
- Successful completion of all required trainings - required
- High School graduate or equivalent required - required.
- Must be 18 years or older - required.
- Must be able to work outside in variable conditions - required.
- Experience working with children and families - preferred.
- Spanish language skills - preferred.
- Experience working with guests of all ages in a teaching/coaching capacity - preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 118892
6 months ago