Work for Trips For Kids Denver
Seasonal Ride Leader
Trips For Kids Denver
Trips for Kids Denver Metro has an immediate opening for a seasonal Ride Leader/Program Assistant. Hours are between 25 and 40 hours per week depending on scheduled programming and last through the summer Ride season.
Trips for Kids Denver Metro is seeking a mature, qualified person to lead a group of approximately 8-15 youth from predominantly low-income racially/ethnically diverse backgrounds from varying partnering agencies on single day mountain bike rides, 5 day camps, overnight trips and/or deliver Earn a Bike curriculum on bike mechanics. This person will work with the program manager to prepare supplies and complete logistical needs and develop daily plans in order to safely and efficiently execute delivery of Ride Program or Earn a Bike.
- Must be 21 or older to meet insurance requirements.
- Minimum of Wilderness First Aid and CPR.
- Experience, comfort and passion working with youth ages 10-18 years of age.
- Comfort facilitating activities with groups of 2-20 individuals.
- Willingness to learn how to plan and implement Trips for Kids Denver Metro's safety and educational activities.
- Experience and knowledge of working with youth in classroom and outdoor settings.
- Experience handling multiple tasks, and responding to crisis situations with a professional and level-headed approach.
- Ability to work independently and with others as circumstances require.
- Ability to make individual judgment calls about safety and risk management with students, agency staff and volunteers.
- Understanding of and ability to work within existing office and administrative operations.
- Comfort working with Windows based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and an online database.
- Comfort driving van/truck on city streets freeways and mountain driving.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check Spanish speaking (a plus but not required).
- Spanish speaking (a plus but not required)
- Work closely with the Program Manager in the execution of the ride and earn a bike program.
- Utilize existing curriculum in the implementation of daily activity and learning exercises.
- Develop rapport with all youth, volunteers and agency staff during program.
- This person will function as a lead on all ride or earn a bike program days.
- Track and maintain student paperwork and data.
- This person will work with the Program Manager to ensure that data is turned in, complete and up to date in the Trips for Kids database
About Trips for Kids Denver Metro:
The mission of Trips for Kids Denver Metro is to empower at-risk and disadvantaged youth, using the bicycle as a tool to foster positive life skills, healthy youth development, and sense of fun and adventure. The vision of Trips for Kids Denver Metro is to be a community leader serving youth through its programs which promote health, fitness, and personal empowerment -- two wheels at a time.
Trips for Kids Denver Metro operates a number of programs to empower youth through cycling:
- Ride Program - challenging youth and building confidence through guided Mountain Bike rides.
- Earn a Bike - Allowing youth to earn and maintain their own bicycles.
- Lucky Bikes Re-Cyclery - A community based bike shop designed to offer affordable bicycles and bike service.
- Youth at Work - Providing career and interpersonal skills through work in a bike shop setting.
11 months ago