Work for Timberland
Lead Footwear Developer
Stratham Station, New Hampshire
Provide leadership, shoe making and material insight for design, development and PM and associated troubleshooting in order to deliver on time and accurate prototypes from line start to commercialization as well as execution of brand/category strategy. Manage product development for global product category. Provide product direction regarding cost, quality/standards and manufacturability across Product Creation team, including providing productive cross functional collaboration with Supply Chain, Materials Development and Production, Engineering, VF Asia organization, Quality Assurance, Customs, Design, Product Management, Advanced Concepts, Lab, CAD, Human Resources, Merchandising and Product Development Representation on multitude of cross-functional task forces.
- 8+ years of footwear development experience . Proven leadership capability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising, Engineering, Industrial Design or related field. MBA or Master's a plus.
- Proven leadership capability.
- Knowledge of Leather and Last Development. Knowledge of current and advanced footwear manufacturing processes and compound/mold/last development.
- Travel to overseas manufacturing facilities 2 – 4 times per year to manage problem solving of seasonal product line and to build experience with vendors and suppliers. Provide leadership and communication back to team in Stratham to ensure product category is achieving goals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with cross-functional teams while handling multiple tasks; Enthusiastic and able to work in a cross functional capacity. Flexible and open to change. Able to work independently. Demonstrates a strong desire to increase footwear development knowledge.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills. Recognition of process cause and effect.
- Quantitative and PC skills, PLM experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to organize information and effectively communicate with our multi-lingual teams. Cross cultural respect and awareness.
Design - Product
6 months ago
For three generations Timberland has built a reputation for making rugged outdoor gear. In 1973, we introduced the first Timberland waterproof leather boot, setting new standards for craftsmanship, durability and protection for the outdoors. Well-crafted, dependable and authentic, it stands as a symbol for everything Timberland makes. Whether it’s for men, women or kids, Timberland gear is built with a passion for the outdoors that’s reflected in our commitment to the environment—to get you outdoors comfortably. And confidently.