Work for The North Face
The North Face: Visual Merchandising Associate (FT) Fifth Ave
The North Face
New York, New York
The primary responsibility of the Visual Merchandising Associate is to assist the Store Manager and the Merchandise Coordinator in managing the visual and merchandising presentations in The North Face Retail stores. The Visual Merchandising Associate may also be required to work as a Sales Associate as scheduled by the Store Manager.
1. Assists Store Management and the Merchandising Coordinator with the installation and setup of the monthly windows and in store focus.
2. Assists Store Management and the Merchandising Coordinator with the seasonal floor set changes.
3. Follows up weekly with the Merchandising Coordinator on the status of ongoing merchandising projects.
4. Ensures that the visual merchandising collateral is received at the store and communicates any issues with the Merchandising Coordinator
5. Assists the Merchandising Coordinator and the Store Manager in training the staff on the merchandising standards.
6. Takes the initiative to identify key styles and make recommendations on ways to maximize sales and increase turn of slow sellers.
7. Maintains the Visual Merchandising supply area in a neat and efficient manner
8. Will perform these and other duties as assigned, including selling as scheduled and providing customers with assistance as needed.
9. Completes all assigned customer service and product training, attends store meetings, and clinics.
Education/Experience: Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+. Completed course work in visual merchandising, design or fashion merchandising. Familiarity with in store visual merchandising/display work or comparable in store merchandise presentation experience1-2 years of retail sales experience in a specialty store environment.
Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills Good PC and software skills MS Office, Lotus Notes and Excel
Special Requirements: Occasional lifting of 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting, carrying up to 25lbs: occasional crouching, reaching, frequent walking,/sitting/handling/felling.
Constant seeing/hearing/talking: depth perception and color vision required.
8 months ago
The North Facewww.thenorthface.com
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.