Work for The North Face
The North Face: Stock Supervisor (FT) Fifth Ave
The North Face
New York, New York
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you! The role of the Stock Supervisor/Associate is to manage the flow of merchandise in and out of the stock area, responsible for managing all shipments coming in or leaving the store, and assisting with other day to day activities as dictated by the store manager based on the store's needs. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
1. Responsible for the merchandise handling: process all store shipping and receiving functions, provide on the job training and supervising of the daily activities of non-sell and/or stock associate(s), maintain an organized stockroom, and oversee replenishment process. Ensure execution of all shipment receiving and processing procedures to floor ready standards.
2. Maintain a clean, organized and efficient stockroom. Work with store management to determine most efficient stockroom layout. Clearly label all boxes, stock all items by size, and maintain stockroom efficiency. Maintain all processes and records involved in shipping/receiving for the store.
3. Open and close the store in the absence of a Store or Assistant Store Manager.
4. Ensure all delivery information is recorded and accurately reported.
5. Work with store management to train staff on shipping/receiving and stockroom procedures to provide adequate coverage for these responsibilities when needed.
6. Perform transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, complete re-tickets and charge sends.
7. Oversee and execute markdowns in a timely and accurate manner. Audit markdowns to ensure accuracy.
8. Communicate inventory and merchandise-handling concerns and/or opportunities to management on a regular basis.
9. Be proactive in Loss Prevention and work with store management to address Loss Prevention concerns.
10. Perform these and other tasks as assigned
Education/Experience: Years of Related Professional Experience: 1. High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least one year related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills: Excellent organizational skills Attention to detail Effective verbal and written communication skills Self-motivated Ability to train and delegate effectively
Special Requirements: Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time Able to lift and move boxes and product within a restricted space Able to safely lift boxes up to 50 lbs
8 months ago
The North Facewww.thenorthface.com
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.