Work for The North Face
The North Face: Business Manager, Supply Chain/RTO
The North Face
The Business Manager for Supply Chain Strategy / RTO will define, implement and track supply chain strategy to drive down costs, increase flexibility, capability and speed to meet The North Face’s ever-changing customer needs. Manage front-end costing process to ensure on time development (calendar management) of quality products that meet established product intentions, wholesale prices and target margins, for RTO product.
- Gain consensus among global supply chain leadership in order to create and drive best-practices.
- Conduct global analyses and case-studies to build compelling actions to reduce costs and increase speed in the short and long term.
- Design and execute analyses to find key margin challenged categories. Use these results to offer strategies for vendor / geographic / other realignment to reduce cost.
- Using key style groupings, optimize early commitments for yard, greige & dyed fabric to reduce LT and lower finished goods minimums.
- Market channel analysis of where regional LT & cost efforts (Fleece & Synthetics). Create a Service Matrix (cost duties transit LTs)
- Build S&OP reporting to measure and track action items to the Supply Chain Strategy Director and executive management.
- Communicate with Sourcing (and travel as needed) to facilitate development of product. Ensure vendor meets product requirements and expectations of wholesales/margins, and that they understand spec packages. Assist sourcing in the allocation of seasonal styles.
- Coordinator with all Regional Offices on seasonal calendar deliverables including: proto-typing, pre-costing and final costing.
- Review factory pricing and provide solution options (redesign, revised construction, alternate fabric / trims) for costing challenges.
- Coordinate all aspects of the sourcing and procurement process for Domestic Vendors.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience in production planning and manufacturing required
- Experience in sourcing in Asia as well as experience in working through a local office preferred
- Ability to professionally handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of garment construction
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Planning, scheduling, problem solving skills
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Programs)
- Travel required: 25>#/li###
about 1 month ago
The North Facewww.thenorthface.com
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.