Work for The North Face
Sr. Quality Assurance Manager
The North Face
As a member of the Quality Assurance (QA) Team, the Sr Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the operations of the Quality Assurance Department. Position works in conjunction with the Hong Kong, European, and Canadian QA Departments. Directly responsible for the conformance quality, safety, reliability, and regulatory issues for all merchandise, and maintaining a “senior” role in product and production expertise. Direct responsibility for Damaged and Defect Returns Processing Department under the Quality Assurance umbrella. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
- Management of the department as related to staffing, travel scheduling, department facilities, and expense and budget planning.
- Ongoing development, publication, and distribution of VF Outdoor performance standards, product regulatory concerns, and all related requirements.
- Product failure dispositions, claims resolution, Factory/Source evaluations and approvals, vendor history file management, and product safety and regulatory concerns are included in the routine activities of this position.
- Managing the communication and enforcement of corporate quality standards and requirements associated with finished products, materials, and related.
- Responsible for quality systems training for all QA staff, QC Supplier teams, and other related team members.
- Responsible for administration of the QA database and all quality report generation and distribution.
- Responsible for the TNF and Jansport D&D Returns Dept and the systems, processes, and reporting therein.
- Responsible for the TNF Pre-production Sample Database and related training and administration.
Education/Experience: 15 Years of Related Professional Experience
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of fifteen years successful, progressive experience with 5+ years in management in a medium or large size company, preferably in the sewn products or textiles industry.
- You must have a track record in the successful management of QA/QC organizations, procedures, processes and getting things done on time.
- Strong knowledge of the product category assigned.
- Successful project management skills and knowledge of the product cycle and product development timelines.
- Knowledge of materials used to build TNF products.
- Knowledge of the engineering and manufacturing processes used to build TNF products.
- Strong Knowledge of specifications management, product costing, and size/fit/grading (as applicable).
- Advanced systems, database, and report analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational and strong aptitude for systems and systematic work.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interactive skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office software and Specification Management programs.
- Must have a track record in managing the development of innovative designs, procedures, implementing processes and getting things done on time.
- Travel - 10%
5 months ago