Work for The North Face
Sr. Director, Merchandising (Mountain Sports)
The North Face
As part of The North Face North America Merchandising team, this position partners with Global Product Management, Sales and the NA merchandising team for assigned territory to lead the development and direction of seasonal product initiatives and assortments to meet financial targets/metrics and deliver on strategic intent.
Key Responsibilities * Lead in activating our seasonal merchandising strategies aligned with long term range plans, revenue and margin targets and brand goals. Amplify our seasonal Big Ideas commanding 70% of our activation. Thoughtful management of placement of our Icons and Franchise. Complete assortment driving to our financial goals. Thoughtful segmentation and choiceful placement of our ideas across the distribution landscape (DTC and Wholesale). * Lead preparation of seasonal and regional merchandizing strategies supporting product creation and providing input from DTC (performance, test, and learn), Market Research (competitor’s analysis, feedback on trends), Sales and key account performance and feedback, distribution opportunities (identifying white space). * Partner with Demand planning building seasonal forecasts connected to merchandising strategies and financial goals. * Leadership roles in sales meeting, key account product meetings and trade shows. * Dedicate time and attention to management of direct reports and development of department talent. * *
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+ years of experience in branded merchandise/development, retail buying or product design/development; experience in Outdoor Industry, apparel/footwear a plus. 5+ years in management including leading a team. International experience a plus.
- Educational/Position Requirements: Bachelor of Arts: Merchandising, Product Management, Business preferred
- Management Experience: Experience in managing/developing a team or individual towards growth potential.
- Computer /Software Applications: Microsoft Office Suite
- Languages: English Skills:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required
- Strong presentation skills, proven ability to influence in front of accounts
- Strong understanding of assigned Marketplace, including regional differences and across diverse channels of distribution
- Ability to lead and play an integral role within a broader team, connects the department and individual expectations to the company vision; confidence and presence to lead a diverse team
- Proven skills in selecting talent and developing others
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work with others as part of cross-functional team, build consensus, and achieve results across variety of distinct groups.
- Experience in product forecasting, statistical modeling, and/or strategic planning
- Strong working knowledge of apparel merchandising design and/or sales
- Strategic leader with proven ability to successfully grow apparel/footwear/equipment businesses
7 months ago
The North Facewww.thenorthface.com
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.