Work for The North Face
Retail Planner (Mountain Athletics, Logo)
The North Face
Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of one or more departments. Manage in-season Open-to-Buy process to deliver financial strategies. Create Key Item plans for pre-season buy forecasting and in-season management.
1. Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of one or more departments.
2. Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability. Manage the financial success of several departments by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory turn goals.
3. Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and class. Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by department.
4. Create pre-season sales, and gross margin plans by department that support product strategies. Reconcile top-down to bottom-up department plans.
5. Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Work with Planning Manager to create open to buy forecasts, re-forecast sales and manage inventory for all basic styles to meet department financial.
6. Recap and communicate location and size selling performance.
7. Analyze sales trends and inventory levels as they relate to static and dynamic levels within the replenishment system. Work with designated Allocator to ensure appropriate levels of inventory to meet in stock targets.
8. Work with cross functional team to ensure timely and accurate execution of new store openings.
9. Develop knowledge of geographic and store-attribute performance and trends through data analysis and field communication.
10. Collaborate with cross-functional team on basic replenishment styles to drive inventory requirements to meet in-stock targets.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- 2 years retail experience desired, 2 years work experience in an analytical field desired.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel - 5%
9 months ago