Work for The North Face
Retail Buyer Mountain Sports (Men's Outdoor)
The North Face
The primary job responsibilities of the Full Price Buyer are to develop and execute merchandising strategies that maximize sales, margin, inventory turnover, visual presentation and customer satisfaction. Drives initial implementation and daily execution for planning, analyzing, forecasting and distribution of The North Face merchandise while adhering to company and divisional strategies. This position oversees the buying for ecommerce as well as the retail store locations.
- Own the Merchandising Strategies and inventory for both in store and online for both US and Canada.
- Responsible to partner with manager to develop seasonal strategies that align with overall strategic vision.
- Develop and articulate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities weekly.
- Maintains comprehensive oversight of all phases of managing the business: OTB, sales reporting (re-caps), and communicates findings and action steps.
- Have a clear understanding of financial measures and levers.
- Analyze problems and develop timely and effective solutions.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience.
Educational/Position Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Retail Administration, Merchandising, Business, or other related field and/or related experience preferred.
- Strong merchandise planning/analysis and the inventory pipeline skills from concept to permanent markdown.
- Strong merchandising skills required.
- Strong trend analysis and problem solving skills.
- Able to influence and defend a point of view to peers and management.
- Strong cross-functional relations with key partners: Visual, RD&D, Planning & Allocation.
- Strong team building skills.
- Ability to lead self and others through adversity and deal with paradox.
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency.
- Experts at systems: AS400, Jwalk, Track Via
- Knowledgeable at tactics: PO loads, RTV, item set-ups, price changes, ATS, SMU management, receipt management, assortment sheets, visual lab write-ups, sample management
- Responsible for: ATS, RTV, sales reporting, receipt management, assortment sheets, seasonal forecast, IR, merchandise strategies.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
6 months ago