Work for The North Face
Regional Manager - West (Full Time)
The North Face
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
The primary responsibility of the Regional Manager is to lead group of District Managers to meet the goals of The North Face DTC division. The Regional Manager will inspire the store teams to be the premier expression of the brand by providing an exceptional brand experience for our customers and associates. The regional manager will partner with cross functional areas of the business (Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources) to ensure that the teams are focused on driving sales and staying in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Recruits, trains and manages the performance of Field Leaders in a designated area or business segment. Sets and maintains the standards for recruiting ensuring that District Managers and store employees are qualified and perform to company standards, specifically customer service requirements. Provides feedback and training which enhances employee and store performance, utilizing corporate programs and support where necessary. Maintains a succession plan for Field Leadership that supports both DTC and personal goals.
- Maximizes the net profit of Regional Stores by providing support and direction towards achieving objectives in sales, expenses and inventory shortage.
- Provides regular feedback regarding sales performance and perform regular audits of district and store performance against objectives and recommend changes when necessary.
- Serves as liaison between the field organization and corporate office. Partners with Retail Merchandising, operations and Visual Merchandising teams to drive business and execute division strategy.
- Contributes to the development of the annual budget and manages the annual budget to ensure compliance with the divisional guidelines. Develops retail/outlet store programs that increase financial contribution.
- Plays a key role in determining the retail/outlet merchandising standards and guidelines. Ensures the visual presentation and merchandising aspects of the stores are consistent with division and Company standards. Ensures that the District Manager is providing the visual merchandising training and resources to the store teams. Provides regular constructive feedback to visual merchandising teams regarding visual presentation in the stores. Enforces merchandising, operational and visual direction as directed by other corporate departments. Provides regular feedback regarding execution of divisional direction.
- Maintains consistent operational standards throughout all districts and stores by ensuring that the District Manager is performing the necessary training and audits. Ensures adherence to policies and procedures, loss prevention; inventory control standards, store maintenance, human resources and safety issues. Provides or recommend training in certain areas where appropriate.
- Communicates with the Field Leadership teams on a regular basis and provides a clear direction regarding retail business issues and Company objectives. Schedules regular announced and unannounced district tours and maintains relationships with employees at all levels reinforcing the open door management philosophy.
- Partners with the District Manager and Operations to manage the process of store openings for designated area(s). Ensures that appropriate resources have been identified and are in place to meet targeted objectives working with corporate partners. Participates in new-store site selection and store layout design.
- Performs these and other duties as assigned.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+
Bachelors Degree from related field or equivalent years of education and experience. Progressively responsible retail store management experience in specialty and/or chain store retailing.
- Excellent communication, motivation, and management skills.
- Ability to manage the competing concerns of a dynamic retail environment through strong decision making and partnering skills.
- Leadership - Provides timely, direct, complete and actionable performance review of subordinates
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
8 months ago