Work for The North Face
Product Director (Footwear)
The North Face
As a member of the Footwear Product team, the Product Director manages the product management team to drive commercial development of premium, innovative and technologically enhanced products that meet the needs of the company’s customers and end users which drive company sales and profits. Provides dynamic, visible and inspirational leadership to positively impact business initiatives, direction, and vision for team and peers. Accountable for business results, profit & loss, and executing key initiatives. Brings a track record of successful business management and proven experience in strategic sales and business planning.
- Manage the merchandising process for assigned product lines to meet established sales/margin targets as stated in the corporate financials.
- Develops, implements, and monitors processes to ensure timely completion in accordance to product calendar for each season.
- Manages SKU efficiency to targeted goals.
- Partners with Marketing in the development of programs and strategies to communication product attributes and appeal.
- Partners with Sales, Retail Customers, and Athletes to ensure that new product development meets market needs.
- Manages budgets to meet corporate financial plans.
- Presents Category lines at preview meetings, key preline appointments and sales meetings.
- Effectively manages the PLM process by communicating concepts, filtering input, and setting line direction.
- Partners with Product Acquisition (Sourcing) and Sales to price the line at the competitive levels to achieve targeted initial mark-up goals as stated in Corporate financials.
- Accountable for bringing to market innovative, premium, technical products that drives sales to meet goals.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+ Educational/Position Requirements: * BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business, Merchandising or related field. MBA preferred. * 10+ years minimum relevant and progressive experience and 6+ years in management * Strong footwear sales and or retail experience is a plus * Strong understanding of footwear merchandising and strategic planning * Experience in managing a diverse and creative group of individuals and leading change * Demonstrated ability to work with and inspire a broad range of individuals to work toward a common goal * Must have a track record in re-establishing procedures, implementing key sales initiatives and executing processes
7 months ago
The North Facewww.thenorthface.com
Built on innovation, The North Face® brand offers unrivaled, technically advanced outdoor products designed for everyone from the most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, snowsport athletes and endurance athletes to novice explorers in search of adventure.