Work for The North Face
The North Face
The primary responsibilities of the Planning Analyst - B are to develop and execute production plans based on forecasts and inventory guidelines. Coordinates global buys and manage constraints. Maintains proper inventory mix at the SKU level. Audits proper SKU master data on SAP system and in other company data sources as well as track and communicate status of deliveries.
1. Builds US category merchandise buys each season to the SKU level (by unit style, color, and size) to achieve forecast and inventory objectives.
2. Coordinates, tracks, and adjusts the global buy (which includes, in addition to the US buy, the purchases of the Retail, Canada, EU, and Licensee groups) in response to a variety of supply and demand inputs.
3. Analyzes global buys against production requirements to achieve maximum sales with minimal inventory exposure (i.e., dropped styles, minimum buy management and factory PO shifts).
4. Works with Sourcing to manage cut planning and delivery issues.
5. Tracks product status, analyzes current forecasts of seasonal demand, draws conclusions and communicates relevant issues to the organization (i.e., delays, constraints and order matching problems).
6. Maintain Line Lists for all SBU’s and communicate changes to relevant parties.
7. Works with Logistics and tracks category merchandise inventory in/out status.
8. Makes decisions on product flow to support inventory management objectives and to satisfy customers, including maintaining data such as size percent, inventory class codes, capacity types, etc.
9. Participates to develop and affect product acquisition and sourcing strategies as necessary to support inventory objectives.
10. Provides reporting for strategic planning as necessary
Years of Related Professional Experience: <2
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent years of education and experience.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Perform work independently on a large volume of simultaneous projects.
• Motivation, flexibility and detail orientation are required to meet the demands of a fast-paced and passionate working environment.
• Proficient PC skills (spreadsheets, word processing, database).
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
about 1 year ago