Work for The North Face
Director, Planning and Allocation
The North Face
The Director for Planning and Allocation is responsible for achieving or exceeding sales and profit for three D2C business channels - this responsibility includes overseeing the development and successful execution of merchandise allocation, size planning strategies, financial planning, forecasting, markdown analysis. The Director of Planning and Allocation is responsible for the supervision, training and development of Planning and Allocation Managers and their respective Planners and Allocators Establish control-related standards and procedures.
1. Develop, execute and communicate seasonal financial plans and strategies that support merchandising initiatives. Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory, turn, and margin.
2. Own the strategies and implementation for successful Allocation processes to ensure appropriate stock levels and assortments by store, in order to maximize sales, profit, and turn
3. Manage monthly open to buy forecasts for the 3 D2C channels, assessing risks and opportunities, communicating financial results, forecasts and action plans to manager and cross
4. Train, develop, and oversee hiring of Planning and Allocation team setting high standards of execution
5. Continue to develop systems and processes to further advance Planning, Allocation, and Merchandising technology
6. Develop effective relationships with field leadership to drive sales opportunities on a regional and by store basis
7. Translate knowledge of size selling, geographic and store attribute performance and trends into distribution actions plans for both Full Price Retail and Outlet
8. Partner with cross functional leaders to communicate financial plans, and support approval process through finance
9. Own Monthly P&L sales forecasting by store for Full Price and Outlets
10. Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices, and support of strategic initiatives
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 10+ years experience in planning and allocation.
- Leadership: Building a successful team, Coaching and Developing Others, Empowerment, Facilitating Change
- Business/Management: Driving Execution, Business Acumen, Selecting Talent, Operational Decision Making,
- Interpersonal: Communication, Building Strategic Work Relationships, Building Trust, Gaining Commitment, Leveraging Cultural Diversity
- Personal Attributes: Adaptability, Driving for Results, Innovation
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel – 5%
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
8 months ago