Work for The North Face
Brand Marketing Manager (Mountain Athletics - Running/Training)
The North Face
The primary responsibilities of the Brand Marketing Manager (Mountain Athletics- Running/Training) is to manage the GTM (Go To Market) Strategy for their assigned categories. This spans from product creation insights all the way to consumer facing campaign management. The Brand Marketing Manager (Mountain Athletics- Running/Training) role is the hub between product, sales and marketing.
1. Strategic leadership of all category specific initiatives from go-to-market through consumer execution. Responsible for developing short and long term strategic vision and translating that vision to actionable plans and tactics, as led through influence of cross functional marketing teams. Integrates brand design territories into all work to influence execution across all consumer touchpoints.
2. Work closely with the Director, Brand Management to manage GTM strategy: Embed consumer needs insight work into product creation, develop seasonal comprehensive marketing strategy that can be activated by global functional teams and brief seasonal creative.
3. Ownership of concept and creative for category and product marketing campaigns (paid or owned channel) with external and internal creative partners. Ownership of naming for marketed platforms and technologies.
4. Plan US media and creative strategy that aligns with seasonal brand initiatives, consumer segments and brand equity targets
5. Serve as conduit and strategic liaison between marketing, product and sales, appropriately managing and integrating needs into strategic planning and execution.
6. Work closely with Marketing Operations manager to develop executable calendars and delivers against all established deadlines. Manage cross-functional marketing task forces to guide and influence integrated and flawless execution of seasonal plans.
7. Participate in expedition and content pitch process, partner on execution of category relevant projects.
8. Other general management responsibilities include: budgets, timelines, and administrative tasks.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+
• BA or BS degree in business, marketing or other related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years Performance, Snowsports or Outdoor-specific brand marketing, product and/or retail experience required.
• A minimum of 5 years in brand management and/or marketing-related role.
• Minimum of 3 years planning/managing paid media budgets across all media channels.
• Working knowledge of trademarks process required.
• Working knowledge of market research fundamentals and processes.
• Must be creative and comfortable working within a creative environment.
• Must be excellent project manager and leader.
• Able to work in a team environment and be flexible.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Must be able to translate complex ideas and thoughts into exciting and dynamic presentations.
• Must be comfortable presenting to large and small audiences including executives.
• Must be able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• This position requires a results-oriented individual who has exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, excellent communication and grammatical skills, planning, scheduling and problem solving skills.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
11 months ago