Work for The North Face
Assistant Buyer (Outlet, Women's Apparel)
The North Face
As a member of the Retail Team, the Assistant Retail Buyer will be assisting the Retail Buyer in planning, purchasing, communicating, and controlling merchandising and marketing for the assigned area in support of the Company positioning statements and consumer-focused branding strategy to maximize sales and profits and increasing market share for the retail stores.
- Focus is on supporting strategy.
- With support from manager, begin analyzing the business. Pulls relevant reports and learns how to interpret data.
- Cultivates an ability to identify opportunities and develop and articulate a point of view around product assortment and business opportunities.
- Specific focus on analyzing and reporting the Canada Business.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 1-3 years of relevant experience.
Educational/Position Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Retail Administration, Merchandising, Business, or other related field and/or related experience preferred.
- Merchandising skills preferred.
- Trend Analysis and problem solving skills are required.
- Learns how to manage and build cross-functional relations.
- Manage competing priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- A strong understanding of the competition.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
3 months ago