Work for Steamboat Resort
Kids' Adventure Camp (KAC) Counselor
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Ability to carry cumbersome, awkward play equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to run, swim, cycle, hike, participate in activities such as tennis, golf, kayaking.
- Ability to lift children up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing in English.
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 500 hours formal documented experience working with children ages 3 - 12 required, with previous camp experience preferred. Must provide letters of proof if hired.
- Valid CPR/First-aid certification required
- Valid Red Cross Lifeguard Certification required
- Must be willing to obtain CDL license, which will result in random drug testing
- 3 letters of recommendation required
- Early elementary, recreation, physical education college education preferred
- Experience teaching outdoor or environmental education preferred
- Ability to adhere to all safety policies and program procedures
- Must be available for the entire season: June 8, through August 22, 2016.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Responsible for guiding a group of children through daily camp activities including sports, arts, teaching outdoor education and team building.
- Responsible for leading activities in all weather, including inclement.
- Responsible for creating programming as needed to keep children active and engaged.
- Care of children range in age from 3 years to 12 years.
- Responsible for all discipline and safety of children throughout the various activities.
- Must be a high energy, fun loving, active individual.
- Must demonstrate an interest in and knowledge of children & concern for their proper care and well being
- This position is an hourly paid position and is subject to overtime pay.
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a fingerprinting and background check.
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
7 months ago