Work for Specialized
Summer Event Staff
Morgan Hill, California
Fun summer job, good foot in the door
Are you an easy going person that likes to talk with new people? Would you list your bike knowledge as a passion? Do you always look for efficiencies, even when you’re in a fast paced environment? If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, we want to talk to you!
Specialized is looking for positive, hardworking, and enthusiastic team players to work our Global Retailer Event. The event takes place July 11 – August 5, 2016 in Morgan Hill, CA
Below is a list of available positions, apply for your most desired position and discipline: Road or MTB.
Team positions available:
- Must be a well-rounded mechanic that can assess mechanical issues quickly. Flat fixes, gear adjustments, brake adjustments, and assorted other mechanical issues can pop up so all bikes need to be gone through quickly and precisely.
CHECK-OUT & EQUIPMENT INVENTORY
- Must be personable and friendly. The check-out table has Retailers fill out their bike tag with their riding preferences. This is then relayed to a runner. Organizing and managing shoe/helmet check-out as well. A lot of verbal communication goes on with this position so people skills and a good attitude is a must.
BIKE RETURNS & SNACKS
- Must have light mechanic skills. This position requires the removal of pedals off all bikes returning to demo. Riders can give a brief description of what is wrong with the bike if anything – should be able to relay this to a mechanic. Also helps scan bikes back in upon return from demo rides. Stocking food/drinks for demo riders, as well.
FIT & SUSPENSION ADJUSTER
- Must have a solid amount of mechanic/fitting knowledge in order to quickly and properly get someone dialed in on their bike of choice. This position helps the retailers fit saddle height, suspension settings, and bar height. Three typical requests, but more can be asked of the position.
- Must be quick on your feet and willing to help everyone. Runners take bike tags from Check-out, find a proper bike, and get the bike to a mechanic. Other assorted tasks include helping bike return, helping run bikes to the Suspension/Fit station, organizing the bike population, and switching bikes out if someone is having issues with a particular bike.
- Must be able to lift 35+lbs, stand on feet for extended period of time, 18+ years old
- All staff will be paid by check at the conclusion of the event on the next Specialized pay-cycle. Pay rates are a daily rate and overtime pay is not applicable.
- We are eager to find people who are available for the duration of the event and will consider those who can assist for some of the dates.
- Meals will be provided during the event.
- Lodging will be provided during your stay (if applicable).
- Locals will be reimbursed mileage, up to $350, at the end of the event upon your submission of a mileage reimbursement form.
- Set Up: July 11-12
- USA Session #1: July 13-16
- USA Session #2: July 17-20
- USA Session #3: July 21-24
- Canada: July 27-29
- Brazil/Mexico: Aug 2-4
- Tear down: Aug 5
First and foremost, we are riders. We share the core belief that bikes help make the world a better place. From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at Specialized contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
about 1 year ago