Work for Sierra Club
Digital Strategies Production Internship
San Francisco, California
The Sierra Club is looking for an intern to assist our Digital Strategies Production team.
The Production team builds and maintains digital products such as campaign websites, apps, and landing pages using a variety of tools and APIs (Drupal and Convio being chief among them). The internship will provide the opportunity to learn about building and maintaining a large number of websites within a complex organization from back to front.
The intern will be responsible for tasks including:
- Writing scripts to enhance the user experience of web sites and landing pages
- Prototyping website functionality and or look and feel
- Pulling and compiling analytics, social media, and email performance data
- Researching new web technologies, platforms, and products; organizing and compiling findings
- Assisting with infrastructure development, e.g. migrating existing sites to Drupal or enhancing or improving existing Drupal sites
- Assessing needs and coming up with product and projects ideas, then planning and carrying out
- Other tasks as assigned and day-to-day support service for Digital Product Team and other Digital Strategies staff as needed
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Experience with Photoshop, PHP, or Drupal (or other CMS/Blog tools) a big plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Convio, and Hootsuite are helpful though not required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Independent self-starter
- Fluent in LOLspeak a plus
- Willingness to take a solemn oath to abjure the use of Internet Explorer for all time a big plus
This position is part time and unpaid, though college credit is available. Start date is flexible. Located at Sierra Club headquarters in downtown San Francisco.
When applying please include "INTERNSHIP" in the subject header.
10 months ago