Work for Sierra Club
Digital Product Management Internship
San Francisco, California
The Product Management team plans and manages digital products such as campaign websites or mobile apps through the product development life cycle from conception to marketing, launch, and beyond. The internship will provide the opportunity to learn about the product/project management process and what goes into making a web product successful.
The intern will be responsible for tasks including:
- Pulling and compiling analytics, social media, and email performance data
- Scheduling posts using social media management dashboard
- Maintaining departmental product list
- Researching new web technologies, platforms, and products; organizing and compiling findings
- Assisting with infrastructure development, e.g. migrating existing sites to Drupal or creating sitemaps
- Helping to compile internal resources, e.g. list of the best online events tools and their pluses/minuses
- Assessing needs and coming up with product and projects ideas, then planning and carrying out
- Other tasks as assigned and day-to-day support service for Digital Product Team and other Digital Strategies staff as needed
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Closely follows emerging web, technology, and social media trends
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Convio, Hootsuite, and Drupal are helpful though not required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Independent self-starter
- Fluent in LOLspeak a plus
- Willingness to take a solemn oath to abjure the use of Internet Explorer for all time a big plus
- This position is part time and unpaid, though college credit is available. Start date is flexible. Located at Sierra Club headquarters in downtown San Francisco or at our legislative office in Washington, DC.
When applying, please include "INTERNSHIP" in the subject header.
10 months ago