Work for Pacific Crest Trail Association
Assistant Trail Crew Leader
Pacific Crest Trail Association
The Pacific Crest Trail Association, headquartered in Sacramento, California is dedicated to protecting, preserving and promoting the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail.
Assistant Trail Crew Leader – June 23 to August 13, 2016 working in Southern Washington and Oregon
Lead the nation’s premier volunteer-based trail crew programs on the spectacular Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail. This is a great career-building opportunity for rising professionals.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with and supervise volunteer trail crews while teaching them trail maintenance skills
- Coordinate and oversee projects on the Pacific Crest Trail
- Spend time outdoors and on the trail
- The positions are full-time seasonal staff position working on trail projects in Oregon and Washington for the 2015 work season.
- Weekly compensation will average between $600-850 depending on position. Housing options are available.
- Dependable personal transportation is recommended and mileage is reimbursed.
- Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience or five years of substantial volunteer experience
- Experience in training, managing, and leading trail crews
- Trail design, construction, and maintenance skills
- Familiarity with menu planning and cooking for groups in backcountry settings
- Backcountry living and Leave No Trace skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to travel on the PCT in remote, backcountry locations, requiring several days of backcountry travel and living
- Proven experience in working with volunteers
- Ability to physically perform trail work
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Minimum basic first aid and CPR certifications, wilderness first aid preferred
When applying, please include your resume, list of three references, a letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications, and salary history. Also include “Assistant Crew Leader” in the subject line. All attachments must include applicant's last name on the file name.
Pacific Crest Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Provider.
10 months ago