Work for Osprey Packs, Inc
Graphic Design Professional
Osprey Packs, Inc
Osprey’s in-house Graphic Designer positions are part of the Marketing Team and work in conjunction with the creative team members, marketing, sales and product teams to create strategic and conceptual communication representing the Osprey brand and vision. This Graphic Design Professional will focus on leading the UI and UX efforts on all website & digital communications. Secondary responsibilities will also include participation in the creation of all projects listed below.
- Participate in overall creative/marketing planning and strategy for inline and upcoming products
- Understanding of the Osprey brand, as applied to national and international audiences
- Maintain and develop visual consistency across all media including print, web and product aligning with the Osprey brand guidelines
- Collaborate with the Web Manager on the development and brand requirements on the website
- Support all online or digital efforts with supplied graphics and branding standards
- Art directs on photo/video shoots when lead on creative projects and may support photographer as an assistant
- Understands projects budgets, deadlines and priorities, as applied to workload and planning
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively work well within a team and take direction
- Ability to learn quickly in order to gain understanding of Osprey product line as it applies to all creative projects
- Presentation skillset ranging from sharing creative concepts internally to external deliveries, such as a final seasonal campaign at a sales meeting
- Efficiently coordinates with internal and external resources and vendors
- Proficient in creative file management on internal servers as well as external resource sites (FTP, dropbox, Shotfarm)
- Proficient in standard color correction and helps organize and maintain Creative assets
- Works in conjunction with Photographers to develop and maintain Ospreys Product image and lifestyle library
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends (outdoor and graphic design) by reviewing professional publications and websites, participating in professional societies if possible, or attending an annual design conference or training
Applicable Projects include:
- Website graphics
- Email graphics
- Advertising (print/online)
- Consumer Catalogs
- Owner’s Manuals
- Social media graphics
- Retail support
- Events/tradeshow graphics
- Internal documents Support
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Graphic Design/Visual Communication or equivalent combination in education and experience
- Professional Experience: Minimum of 4 years experience in graphic design, advertising, marketing or equivalent
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Basic word processing, spreadsheets, and email skills.
- Focus on Osprey digital assets including web, emails, and mobile
- Proficient understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Up to date and knowledgeable on current web/digital trends
- Strong understanding of prepress and printing processes and terminology.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and timeline management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Outdoor recreational experience a plus.
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours in order to complete projects. (Nights and weekends for extended periods of time is likely.)
5 months ago
Osprey Packs, Inchttp://www.ospreypacks.com/us/en/
Independent since 1974 and still anchored by the design genius of company founder and owner, Mike Pfotenhauer, Osprey Packs is the global leader in exceptional, high-performing, innovative packs for outdoor, cycling, travel and urban adventures. Osprey's dedication to create innovative, high performance gear reflects the brand's love of adventure and devotion to the outdoors.