Work for Mountain Hardwear
Do you live for the outdoors? We do! For over 20 years, Mountain Hardwear had pushed the limits of what is possible. From weekend warriors to Everest summits, we are a brand built by passionate people who know what it takes to be best in class! Today, Mountain Hardwear inspires people across the globe to push their weekends longer and their limits further, and it's our dedication to premium gear that gets them there and back again. To us, this is more than a job; it's a way of life. Are you ready to join our team?
General Position Summary:
Reporting to the President, the VP of Marketing will develop and drive an integrated marketing strategy to increase brand awareness and market position, provide marketing solutions and resources, as well as ensure all marketing initiatives are in alignment with the organization’s strategy, mission and vision. Oversee the development and implementation of all Advertising, Promotional, Visual Merchandising, Retail, Market Research, Public Relations and Graphic programs.
- Develop executable marketing/business plans that drive product sales across the omni-channel business model.
- Enhance the equity of the brand, improving brand performance that translates to increased sales and market share.
- Lead innovation in the use of consumer and market data to maximize growth of the brand and build market share through strategic/innovative marketing programs. Use market data to drive segmentation and customized experiences and approaches.
- Drive activity management and project management from concept to launch to ensure excellence in execution.
- Drive identification of key consumer insights necessary for leadership in each segment and in the marketplace. Create a pipeline of business and brand ideas that ensures growth into the future.
- Work closely with agency partners to identify, develop and track breakthrough advertising/ promotion/sponsorship programs. Identify new products, merchandising and promotional opportunities for the brand.
- Develop, execute and maintain a comprehensive digital and social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all brand and products.
- Lead and develop the marketing team to insure a highly motivated team of skilled professionals is in place who can accomplish the overall business mission.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization to ensure that marketing plans are clearly understood and that the brand vision and values/philosophy of Mountain Hardwear/Columbia Sportswear are followed.
- Collaborate with business leaders to ensure the marketing budget targets key opportunities and resources are maximized.
Responsible for managing a group of professional employees and department managers, including PR, Media/Advertising, Promotions, Retail Marketing and Product Marketing personnel.
- Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate proven success in the development and successful execution of marketing strategies and achieving desired outcomes.
- Must be detailed oriented, have strong business acumen and be able to proactively find solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence individuals and teams while driving results through teamwork and collaboration. Ability to effectively leverage and utilize resources and relationships for optimal results.
- Must be creative and innovative across all mediums of communication. Ability to develop a theme or tell a story around an initiative with a consistent voice.
- Requires ability to analyze, troubleshoot, problem solve, make difficult decisions independently, operate autonomously, manage multiple deadlines, and work effectively under pressure.
- Proven ability to manage people and projects.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt, operating in a fast growing and continuously changing environment. Requires a high degree of flexibility & adaptability.
- Requires strong team management, leadership and interpersonal skills for the creation and guidance of all product category brand.
- Possess thorough knowledge of public relations, SEC Rules, promotional and communications techniques, and advertising and new media avenues (social, digital, e-commerce).
- Ability to represent the company in a manner that enhances its image. This is a public position that requires a great deal of sensitivity and ability to handle difficult situations with discretion and tact.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to professionally deliver convincing presentations to groups of all sizes. Well developed presentation skills and the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to work effectively with multiple organizations in the business and have the ability to influence and lead across multiple teams.
- Physical ability to travel worldwide on commercial transportation
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field required.
- Requires a minimum of eight to ten years marketing experience in positions of progressive responsibility.
- Experience with account management and/or all channels of marketing.
- Experience with Public relations in a publicly held company preferred.
- Experience managing and leading a team of professionals and multiple projects required.
- Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Job requires hours that may exceed 8 per day and/or 40 per week.
- Evening meetings and weekend work occasionally required to ensure timely project completion.
- Some job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting priorities.
- Some travel both domestically and internationally is required.
- Physical ability to use telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit and stand for extended periods of time, and occasionally lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
7 months ago