Work for Mountain Hardswear
Senior Manager, Regional Sales
Do you live for the outdoors? We do! For over 20 years, Mountain Hardwear had pushed the limits of what is possible. From weekend warriors to Everest summits, we are a brand built by passionate people who know what it takes to be best in class!
Today, Mountain Hardwear inspires people across the globe to push their weekends longer and their limits further, and it's our dedication to premium gear that gets them there and back again. To us, this is more than a job; it's a way of life. Are you ready to join our team?
General Position Summary:
Lead all aspects of U.S. Sales Team across multiple channels and with apparel, equipment & accessory categories. Create and drive sales plans with Territory Managers and Sales Reps that are laser focused on exceeding seasonal sales targets. High periods of travel with extensive time spent with our customers is expected.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Develop and communicate specific seasonal sales targets by territory, by channel and by rep that achieves top line sales growth for the U.S. Mountain Hardwear business. Open new distribution and expand breadth of the assortments across all categories at retail.
- Communicate the sales strategies and major seasonal initiatives via the go to market plans to key retailers and sales team. Define the sales tools and resources needed to achieve targets.
- Review and evaluate territory performance and rep performance through bi-annual territory reviews. Make recommendations to change out underperforming sales reps.
- Own and drive Sales Academies, pre-line meetings and retailer meetings and provide expert market insights to Go To Market and product planning sessions. Participation at agency meetings. Complete ownership and drive all sales meetings, merchandising sessions, etc. Own and drive how Mountain Hardwear goes to market at all trade shows and regional shows.
- Drive the Strategic Account Process with the top U.S. retailers including – pre-line meetings, sales presentations, proactive sell through management, final line meetings, MDF spend and budget, etc. Develop annual and long term territory and strategic account business plans.
- Maintain and build account relationships with key customers by making periodic visits; exploring account needs and proactively addressing issues. Prepare and host key retailer meetings at HQ, coordinate product teams and own the agenda.
- Communicate regularly with Finance, Planning & Executive Management teams on sell through & sell in developments and status to ensure maximum planning and ability to react appropriately. Responsible for evaluating assignment and negotiating date & product changes as required.
Job has full supervisory responsibility for in-house Sales Specialists, Territory Managers and provides guidance and direction for sales agencies.
- Possess advanced knowledge of merchandising, buying, product allocation, and retail sales analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of retail math and pricing strategies with an in-depth knowledge of open-to-buy and the financial planning process at the retail level.
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry, the department store channel, consumer buying patterns and retail dynamics sufficient to be credible and influential with customers.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Proficient in manipulating data including statistical analysis and advanced math calculations.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills and attention to detail required.
- Mental ability to conduct interpersonal interactions with retailers and other company personnel.
- Ability to operate independently and follow general guidelines.
- Physical ability to use telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or Marketing or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years direct sales experience in the apparel or equipment industry
- Previous experience in a management capacity and leading a sales team are required.
- Minimum of 10 years of sales experience in Sporting Goods or Outdoor industry.
- 3-5 years of sales management experience with proven success and results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in effectively presenting to large groups.
- Strong existing relationships with specialty and national retailers in the Outdoor, Sporting goods, Ski & Run industries desirable.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
7 months ago