Work for lucy Activewear
Sr. Retail Planner
Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of one or more departments. Manage in-season Open-to-Buy process to deliver financial strategies. Create Key Item plans for pre-season buy forecasting and in-season management.
1. Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of one or more departments.
2. Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability. Manage the financial success of several departments by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory turn goals.
3. Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and class. Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by department.
4. Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by department.
5. Create pre-season sales, and gross margin plans by department that support product strategies. Reconcile top-down to bottom-up department plans
6. Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Create open to buy forecasts, re-forecast sales and manage inventory for all basic styles to meet department financial.
7. Ensure team maximizes opportunities by continuously analyzing the business and reacting to trends.
8. Analyze sales trends and inventory levels as they relate to static and dynamic levels within the replenishment system. Work with designated Allocator to ensure appropriate levels of inventory to meet in stock targets.
9. Leading change and/or enhancements to current processes and procedures.
10. Collaborate with cross-functional team on basic replenishment styles to drive inventory requirements to meet in-stock targets.
11. Oversee and coach Allocation associate.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in merchandise planning or inventory management. Retail allocation experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrates ability to identify opportunities and create solutions.
- Possess strong aptitude with numbers, retail math skills and understanding of forecasting methodology.
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to positively influence and lead others.
- Fosters a positive and motivating work outlook with emphasis on team collaboration.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office program, primarily in Excel. Island Pacific experience a plus.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel – up to 15%
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
11 months ago
At lucy® we’re all about women. And always have been.We design high performance gear that focuses on a woman’s strengths and lets her shine. Everything we create is made with quality fabrics which feel luxurious, keep their shape and look great. And because we know fit is what matters most in performance wear (with style a close second), we provide a range of options so you can get a perfect fit.We make gear women love to be in, and find themselves reaching for every day.