Work for JanSport
Product Manager, Outside & Outdoor
The Product Manager will oversee global planning and execution of seasonal products in assigned categories from concept to commercialization. Take ownership of the assigned marketplace, with sales and margin accountability, and adhere to the seasonal timelines. Be the expert on the market, consumers, and competitors and identify opportunities to grow the business.
- Responsible for the Outside and Outdoor categories at JanSport. Develop product line based on consumer needs, competitor analysis, price points and category segmentation. Build seasonal assortments that meet or exceed financial goals. Will have a high degree of Retailer interaction and must understand the power of the Brand and JanSport’s segmentation strategy.
- Create, maintain and update financial merchandise plans for U.S and International markets on a seasonal basis.
- Conduct consumer and market research on a regular basis. Analyze market and sales data. Develop product briefs and strategies that will deliver on financial goals.
- Manage Collaborations and Special Projects. Through market research, retailer interaction and partnering with Sales, build exclusive styles/colors that can help round out an assortment for key Retail partners.
- Establish control-related standards and procedures for inter-departmental communications and sharing of information.
3 months ago
JanSport was founded in 1967 in Seattle, Washington, by three pioneers in the outdoor industry. Though the Company began by manufacturing and marketing world-class outdoor backpacks, today the product offering includes technical outdoor gear, daypacks, travel gear and collegiate decorated apparel, sold in sporting goods stores, college bookstores, department stores, and specialty and boutique retail locations throughout the world. The Brand has the spirit of fun and discovery, represented in the Brand tagline: Discover Freedom.