Work for JanSport
Product Manager (Outdoor)
The Product Manager will oversee global planning and execution of seasonal products in assigned categories from concept to commercialization. Take ownership of the assigned marketplace, with sales and margin accountability, and adhere to the seasonal timelines. Be the expert on the market, consumers, and competitors and identify opportunities to grow the business.
1) Responsible for the Outside and Outdoor categories at JanSport. Develop product line based on consumer needs, competitor analysis, price points and category segmentation. Build seasonal assortments that meet or exceed financial goals. Will have a high degree of Retailer interaction and must understand the power of the Brand and JanSport’s segmentation strategy.
2) Create, maintain and update financial merchandise plans for U.S and International markets on a seasonal basis.
3) Conduct consumer and market research on a regular basis. Analyze market and sales data. Develop product briefs and strategies that will deliver on financial goals.
4) Manage Collaborations and Special Projects. Through market research, retailer interaction and partnering with Sales, build exclusive styles/colors that can help round out an assortment for key Retail partners.
5) Establish control-related standards and procedures for inter-departmental communications and sharing of information.
• 1-3 years of related professional experience.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Must have experience in Product Development or Merchandising.
• Experience with technical product lines desired.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills - able to present product and strategy in front of large groups.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and work effectively with individuals from a variety of different departments.
• Must have knowledge of Powerpoint and have strong Excel skills. In Excel, must know how to create spreadsheets and run reports with pivot tables and VLookups.
• Must have an understanding of retail math combined with strong analytical skills.
• Self starter with excellent organizational and time management skills.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
7 months ago
JanSport was founded in 1967 in Seattle, Washington, by three pioneers in the outdoor industry. Though the Company began by manufacturing and marketing world-class outdoor backpacks, today the product offering includes technical outdoor gear, daypacks, travel gear and collegiate decorated apparel, sold in sporting goods stores, college bookstores, department stores, and specialty and boutique retail locations throughout the world. The Brand has the spirit of fun and discovery, represented in the Brand tagline: Discover Freedom.