Work for JanSport
The primary responsibility of the Materials Coordinator for JanSport is to support Product Development in the execution and successful commercialization of innovative and functional Materials on a seasonal basis. The Materials Coordinator will have individual responsibility to initiate seasonal developments, monitor and communicate development information to counterparts through the complete and successful product cycle, and ensure developments are in alignment and support of Business/Brand initiatives.
• Utilize technical expertise to inspire RD&D and identify new and innovative Materials. Research and identify materials and processes with higher sustainability. Identify and recommend ways that these materials and processes can be utilized within JanSport.
• Build and maintain accurate development reports with complete information-material information/pricing/minimums/leadtimes.
• Communicate clearly with vendors on a timely basis - Development, Quality and Brand requirements.
• Create web numbers and enter into web PDM with correct pricing.
• Support team in developing design and price right materials. Balance quality and price.
• Monitor developments, anticipate problems, address and facilitate solutions to manager in a timely manner to minimize quality problems and production delays.
• Coordinate all information necessary for QA lab testing on a timely basis.
• Ensures commercialized material information is accurately entered into web PDM on a timely basis.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+
• Bachelor’s Degree or BA/BS in Design (Apparel), Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Apparel, Accessory, Retail or Manufacturing or related experience - minimum 3 years required.
• Understanding of design and development process from inception through production.
• 2-4 years’ experience in product development, manufacturing, sourcing, or operations areas preferred.
• Strong organizational skills. Ability to access information accurately and readily when needed.
• Strong communication skills verbal and written - gives concise and focused information.
• Able to make effective decisions through analysis, experience and common sense or understands when to defer to manager as situation warrants.
• Strong prioritization skill - analyze situation and manage priorities based on understanding of production cycle needs.
• Excellent time management skills - ability to adhere to calendar deadlines and manage work flow accordingly.
• Understanding of trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity requirements, product cycle timeline and basic production process.
• Proactive problem solving - ability to identify potential issues based on experience/expertise and or research and effectively minimize negative impact to product integrity/ timing / profitability.
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
• Team player - ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple functions.
• Proficient PC skills.
• Proficient in Excel.
• Working Knowledge of Lotus Notes, Web PDM, Freeborders, or SAP is a plus.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
8 months ago
JanSport was founded in 1967 in Seattle, Washington, by three pioneers in the outdoor industry. Though the Company began by manufacturing and marketing world-class outdoor backpacks, today the product offering includes technical outdoor gear, daypacks, travel gear and collegiate decorated apparel, sold in sporting goods stores, college bookstores, department stores, and specialty and boutique retail locations throughout the world. The Brand has the spirit of fun and discovery, represented in the Brand tagline: Discover Freedom.