Work for Goal Zero
At Goal Zero, an NRG owned company, our mission is to lead the portable renewable power industry through innovation and education. We believe in empowering the human potential while creating a more sustainable future. As the market leader in portable solar power, Goal Zero solar panels, rechargers and accessories give a new breed of mobile consumers and outdoor enthusiasts the power to go farther, regardless of their gear’s battery life. We invite you to join our adventure as the Warehouse Manager.
NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
General Summary of Position
The Warehouse Manager has overall responsibility for all aspects of warehouse operations, including inventory management, overseeing sales fulfillment, receiving, returns processing, production and kitting, repair and refurbishing, and warehouse employee management. The Warehouse Manager reports to the Head of Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities * Oversee and ensure accuracy, accountability, timeliness, and effectiveness on: * Shipping for all retailers, consumers, events, tradeshows, Costco roadshows, and international customers (targeting 100% on time shipping and 100% accuracy) * Outgoing and local freight reliability, cost-effectiveness, and relationships * Receiving from all vendors and customer returns (including proper process controls) * Returns processing (including proper sorting/treatment of returned product) * Direct management of the movement of inventory into and out of the warehouse, FIFO procedures, and coordinated inventory tracking and management (with Supply Chain Manager and Inventory Specialist) * Implementation and/or management and/or upgrade of automated warehouse picking, packing, order management and inventory system * In-house production (including ongoing kitting and repack projects) * Complete warehouse organization (training team on best practices and instilling a culture of accountability) * Planning and budgeting for full-time and temporary warehouse personnel resources * Planning and budgeting for warehouse equipment and infrastructure improvements and maintenance * Other duties as assigned
- Ability to speak English and clearly communicate with co-workers and vendors
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement in all phases of warehouse operations
- Demonstrate knowledge of and implement the use of best practices
- Demonstrated performance in inventory management and controls
- Demonstrated team leader—build and motivate efficient and effective teams; team player, willing to jump in and lend a hand where needed
- Ability to use MS office suite for accounting, budgeting, communication; as well as ERP system (currently Sage/MAS) for transactional management; shipping software
- Working knowledge of retailer shipping requirements
- Experience with international shipping, including export documentation and labelling
- Knowledge of Hazmat/DOT and air and ocean shipping requirements for Dangerous Goods; current Hazmat shipping certification preferred
- Problem solver, self-directed and highly motivated; well-organized and punctual
- Focused and consistent attention to detail
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Education and Experience Requirements
- 7+ years’ experience in comprehensive warehouse operations, including budgeting, hiring, supervision, growth/transition
- Forklift experience required
- Experience effectively managing a large team (30-40 people)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to frequently lift and move heavy objects (~75 lbs)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to reach, stoop, crouch or crawl to retrieve objects to fulfill product orders.
- The employee is required to traverse throughout the warehouse.
- The employee will be required to be in one position, standing or sitting for long periods of time.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills. Official description on file with Human Resources
10 months ago