Work for Goal Zero
Manager, IT Project Management & Business Integration
At Goal Zero, an NRG owned company, our mission is to lead the portable renewable power industry through innovation and education. We believe in empowering the human potential while creating a more sustainable future. As the market leader in portable solar power, Goal Zero solar panels, rechargers and accessories give a new breed of mobile consumers and outdoor enthusiasts the power to go farther, regardless of their gear’s battery life.
NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 250 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The role of the IT Manager is to coordinate projects and production needs for Goal Zero. The IT Manager is a hands on position that manages IT resources but also performs project management and coordinates business integration. The IT Manager plans, executes, and finalizes Goal Zero projects according to the deadlines and within budget. This position coordinates with the NRG VP of Retail IT to leverage NRG IT resources, manage the efforts of team members, third-party contractors and consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The IT Manager will also work with the GM of Goal Zero and his Leadership team to define IT objectives develop project priorities and report back status on the application and project delivery. The IT Manager will create and maintain an information technology plan that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation for projects, initiatives, and support. This role also coordinates delivery of development and production releases that meet quality assurance standards. Assist technical team in design and development tasks. Assist test team in creating test plans and testing efforts.
- Coordinate to identify, prioritize, and manage Goal Zero projects and technology tasks.
- Serve as liaison between the Goal Zero business and NRG Retail IT to facilitate planning, coordination and project efforts
- Build and maintain the Goal Zero IT Roadmap and IT application strategy approach in conjunction with the VP of Retail IT
- Develop, present, and lead project planning efforts including project definition, project justification/NPV, proposals, success criteria, risks/issues, requirements definition, technical design, testing procedures and documentation, system documentation, user training, and production delivery while coordinating and communicating with business and technical resources.
- Manage the implementation of system enhancements and new systems through the project life cycle insuring appropriate documentation and processes to ensure compliance.
- Consult with business and IT partners to strategize, plan and implement needed projects within designated time and budget constraints.
- Recognize and document business process gaps and propose improvements.
- Maintain demand management list and work queues for managing the IT workload and communicating priorities and resource allocation to the business.
- Host and facilitate regular meetings with business and technical resources for status updates, requirements definition, technical design, architectural reviews, demand management, and audit review.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and executive stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Maintain appropriate status reports, meeting minutes, and follow-up with business partners and technical resources.
- Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of IT resources, projects and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before delivery to the business or production support.
- Effectively applies appropriate project and development methodology and enforces project and development standards.
- Minimizes and manages exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Maintain project actual and forecasted budgets utilizing the various IT systems used for requests for expenditures, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Understanding of IT methodologies, processes, and project management
- BA degree in information technology or equivalent experience (minimum 10 years)
- 3+ years’ experience in facilitating and managing small to large projects through project life cycle leading teams of 4-10 technical and business resources.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical business analyst role working with business users and technical IT resources.
- 1+ years’ experience working with iterative style development life cycles such as rapid application development, extreme programming, or agile development.
- Ability to create/maintain project metrics and manage customer expectations on a weekly/monthly basis including delivery schedules, scope management, risks/issues, and budget through the life of the project(s).
- Understanding and experience with Sarbanes Oxley controls and how the control environment impacts both the business and IT processes and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills with a strong focus on customer interaction, customer service, and presentation.
- A motivated self-starter with capability to operate on their own with little direction and/or monitoring along with an enterprise vision – ability to see big picture and relate to corporate strategy
- Capability to help deliver quality business solutions within restricted timelines while appropriately communicating/escalating risks, issues, or constraints as necessary to business and/or IT management.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, business partners, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- PMP Certification preferred not required
- Retail IT Experience and/or experience with the SAGE application is a plus
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills. Official description on file with Human Resources
10 months ago