Work for Garmin
UX (User Experience) Designer
We are looking for a full time User Experience Designer for our Garmin Connect Mobile app design team in Olathe, KS. A Garmin User Experience Designer 2 has real world experience creating product solutions based on user-centered design principles and can create prototypes, conduct research and perform usability tests effectively. In this role, you’ll perform user interviews and observational research and interpret research data to create viable solutions, create interactive prototypes and conducts user tests to improve and validate a design, take ownership for key features in a product line, and remain current on user research methods and conduct effective research for generating and improving designs.
Working with partners to define the user experience of our mobile app, staying abreast of new prototyping, presentation or techniques and software are key functions for this role. You may also perform as a design lead who guides design direction for new features and application updates.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate full use of design standards and procedures in performance of essential functions
- Apply Garmin’s Mission Statement and Quality Policy and enthusiastically exhibit a desire to see Garmin succeed
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other Garmin associates in cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate the ability to produce solid design solutions without assistance from others
- Demonstrate good communication skills when presenting design ideas to various disciplines or customers
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound design procedures
A Bachelors Degree in Interactive Design, Human Factors, Visual Design or a degree with an equivalent curriculum that teaches user-centered design principles with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA AND a minimum of 2 years work experience performing a role substantially similar to the essential functions of this job description OR a minimum of 1 year experience performing the essential functions of Garmin’s User Experience Designer 1 role is required. Qualified candidates will also demonstrate proficiency and knowledge of design tools, excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills, and an understanding and knowledge of good user interface design (consistency, simplicity, usability).
Garmin is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview or hiring process can contact a representative in our human resources department by phone at (913) 397-8200. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
6 months ago