Work for Clif Bar
Clif Bar & Company is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the “Clif Bar Ingredients” (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself).
This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates, who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The role of the Financial Analyst will be to support the Corporate and Brand Finance groups, diving deep into the numbers to organize data, perform analysis and provide key information to assist in the company decision-making process. We are seeking an individual with strong communication and financial analysis skills who can synthesize the story behind the numbers and work closely with partners in different groups across the company. We need a team member who can not only tell us “what” happened but also understand and be able to clearly explain the “why”. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, inquisitive, a good communicator and have ninja-like Excel skills.
- Manage, consolidate and prepare reporting for the total company budgeting process, including working closely with budget owners across the company on developing, maintaining, and analyzing actual vs. budget results.
- Support month-end close and audit. Analyze monthly variances and report findings to manager and appropriate budget managers.
- Support specific line-item forecasting for financial statements, including building and managing complex financial models.
- Support the ongoing buildout of our Microsoft BI tools, reports, and dashboards for general ledger and financial reporting.
- Work closely with cross functional budget owners and the finance/accounting team in “Super User” role to drive efficiencies in reporting and analysis.
- Maintain daily cash reporting, including assisting with cash management and investment opportunities.
- Additional reporting and analysis as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a genuine Clif Bar & Company ambassador, who exemplifies the Clif Bar culture in all candidate communications and interactions.
- Embody the Clif Bar Five Aspirations and Ingredients.
- Manage a large array of financial reporting and analysis responsibilities, using multiple financial models, reports & tools.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to create and execute assignments independently.
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
- Collaborate in a team environment and connect cross functionally across the organization.
Technical Expertise Required
- Advanced Excel skills required, intermediate skills in Word & PowerPoint also preferred.
- Excellent data modeling and presentation skills required.
- Skills in designing and executing reports in a data warehouse environment is strongly desired.
- BA or BS, with either an emphasis in management accounting/finance, or other experience demonstrating an interest and aptitude in these areas.
- 1 - 2 years’ work experience, including development and analysis of financial and business plans.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Be Yourself… Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work each day!
Clif Bar & Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
about 1 year ago