Work for Camps Kenwood and Evergreen
Instructors & Coaches
Camps Kenwood and Evergreen
Wilmot, New Hampshire
Nestled on a picturesque, private lake surrounded by 200 acres of lush fields and forest in Wilmot, New Hampshire, brother/sister Camp Kenwood and Camp Evergreen provide the perfect setting for learning, growth, and fun! Our activities – like team sports, visual and performing arts, rock climbing, and water skiing – help our campers develop passions and skills for life.
As an Instructor or Coach, you will:
- Live in a bunk with children, aged from 7 to 15. Just two hours from Boston
- Be a parent, coach, mentor, role model, and friend
- You will take your group of children from activity to activity, performing the role of coach or assistant coach in a wide variety of sports and arts
- Two overnight trips (a mountain hike and a canoe trip) and day trips (to beaches and caves) further add to the variety of this wonderful and diverse job.
What Will You Gain?
An opportunity at Kenwood and Evergreen far outreaches the usual outcomes that you would associate with a job at a summer camp opportunity to gain a formal certification in the following areas: Leadership, Communication, Collaboration, Teamwork, Critical Thinking, Creativity & Work Ethic and Responsibility, skill employers are actively looking for
- 5 days off and most of your nights will be free (3 hours approx).
- Dates of employment are June 17th to August 14th (8 weeks).
- 1 week of staff training and 7 weeks working with children.
- Room, board, laundry and internet access is included.
- Staff sports, trips, and movie nights all available in your free evenings.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, warm, friendly, caring individual.
- Ability to communicate, with patience and clarity, with children and co-workers.
- 19+ years of age.
- A legal U.S. resident (we have filled our international quota for this particular position)
- Experience of working with children.
- Experience of coaching sports (baseball, basketball, softball, soccer and volleyball).
- Studying for a degree in education.
- Finished at least one year of college by June 2016
10 months ago