Work for Camp Thunderbird in Bemidji, MN
Boys Camp Trip Leaders
Camp Thunderbird in Bemidji, MN
Camp Thunderbird for Boys seeks kind-hearted, adventurous, and experienced backcountry enthusiasts to lead teen trips throughout the Rockies or Pacific Northwest.
Trip Leaders arrive at camp in Bemidji, MN, for training in early June, and depart mid-June to lead camper groups of 8th, 9th, or 10th graders on four-weeks to six-weeks trips. Trips vary in location, but extend from the Cascade Mountains, the Olympic range in Washington State, the Wind Rivers Range in Wyoming, the Grand Teton Range, the Adirondack Mountains in New York State, Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, as well as the Canadian Rockies. Trip Leaders direct three to seven-day backcountry camping trips, and, in conjunction with outfitters, other activities such as rock climbing, white water rafting, or sea kayaking.
• At least 21 years of age
• Trip leading/ backcountry experience
• Experience in working with teenagers
• Clean driving record and ability to drive 15-passenger vans
• Willingness to work as part of a strong community both in and out of camp
• Currently hold or willingness to become certified in WFR, WFA, and/or Lifeguarding (May obtain certification before arriving at camp or at camp prior to campers’ arrival)
To learn more about Camp Thunderbird and trip leading opportunities, please contact Tyler “Chuckles” Nelson at 218-382-4735 or visit, www.camptbird.com, and click “Join our Staff” to complete an application.
9 months ago