Work for Black Diamond Equipment
Digital Content Coordinator
Black Diamond Equipment
Salt Lake City, Utah
The Digital Content Coordinator facilitates the preparation, execution, organization, and distribution of marketing content for Black Diamond Equipment. This team player will coordinate global marketing assets, including but not limited to, field and studio photography, field and studio video and marketing and product copy. The Digital Content Coordinator is instrumental in organizing and adhering to the policies and procedures for uploading marketing materials into a Data Asset Management (DAM) system. The Digital Content Coordinator works in close collaboration with asset users on the Marketing, Direct-to-Consumer and Wholesale functional teams.
Authorized and responsible to continuously improve upon and perform all duties according to BDEL Quality, Safety and Employee Policies and Procedures:
- Pre-production preparation of studio and field photography (samples, logistics, etc.) (40%)
- Pre-production preparation of studio and field videography (samples, logistics, etc.) (40%)
- Copy writing, editing and coordination (20%)
- On-site workflow management responsibilities
- Checking quality and technical specifications, as well as file transfer for all overflow and vendor supplied content
- Retouching and file management of images
- Keep up on daily workload in a fast paced environment while maintaining high standards.
- Ability to manipulate image files to meet brand and vendor standards if necessary.
- Respond to user questions: including access, usage and deletion requests
- Responsible for preparing, processing, distributing and archiving all digital assets and content.
- Ensure quality and specifications of digital asset follow brand standards.
- Manage images on the servers in an organized manner so that they are available for internal and external
- Daily problem solving in regard to missing files, incorrect images, completed retouching, etc.
- Provide cross-functional partners with regular asset management status updates and deliverables tracking
- Track each image throughout the production process.
- Coordinate outside agency/contributor workflow in and out of Black Diamond.
- Executes other content projects as directed by the Consumer Experience Director.
Skills and General Experience:
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Works well under pressure and deadlines; Comfortable with change.
- Ability to work in an open work space environment; Strong organizational skills.
- Well spoken, a good listener and an outstanding communicator
- Excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge of cataloging and metadata standards
- Working knowledge of image conversion, image resolution, file storage and electronic file delivery via internet and FTP
- Quick grasp of project parameters, brand standards and guidelines
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Facility with Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Ability to travel (15%)
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Critical eye for color and detail
- Close proximity to outdoor apparel and equipment.
- Close connection to mountain activities (climbing, skiing, etc)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Expertise developing/coordinating digital content programs.
Required licenses: Drivers license
Bachelor's degree in photo/video or equivalent work experience
Graduate-level degree in a marketing-related discipline
2+ years in a creative or production environment
2+ years in marketing management role in an outdoor industry brand
9 months ago
Black Diamond Equipmentwww.blackdiamondequipment.com
Here at Black Diamond it's all about climbing and skiing. We share the same experiences that you do on rock, ice and snow and these experiences push us to make the best gear possible for our worldwide family of climbers and skiers.What began with a backyard anvil and a hammer has now grown into a global company with offices on three continents. Black Diamond is a company that's not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live, their values and goals, past, present and future. Since 1957, our innovative gear designs have set the standard in numerous areas. This is partly the result of dedication, desire and diligence on the part of an incredible team of people. It's also a product of the fact that each of us are climbers and skiers ourselves.We're a company of users. It's who we are. We're the greatest dreamers about what could be, and the harshest of critics about what exists. Because of this, the creation of Black Diamond is a process that will never end. The company today is more committed than ever, thanks to the many people here in the U.S., at Black Diamond Europe and at Black Diamond Asia whose limitless energy and hands-on involvement have created a promising future for all climbers and skiers worldwide.