Work for Black Diamond Equipment
Black Diamond Equipment
Salt Lake City, Utah
The Content Editor leads in the global creation of Black Diamond’s messaging and voice. She/he generates content and coordinates the work of content producers to ensure the final deliver. The Content Editor is responsible for developing, writing and editing brand copy, Experience story copy and technical product copy for Black Diamond Equipment products and coordinating relations with contracted content producers and writers.
Responsible and authorized to continuously improve upon and perform the following functions in accordance with BD’s Quality System, Safety and Employee Policy procedures and policies:
- In partnership with key marketing stakeholders, develop and deploy brand messaging in all broadcast media globally.
- Participates in the seasonal marketing planning process, helping to develop and drive the seasonal content plans
- Develops and produces all seasonal stories and integrated storytelling campaigns from production to deployment, including story development, creative brief, direction, editing, preparation for publication and page building when applicable.
- Implements best practices around successful strategies for digital and direct content. Writes or edits all content for workbook, tradeshow, packaging, clinic tools, tech manuals, hangtags, partners and all other print & online marketing materials.
- Collaborates with Digital Content Coordinator on photo shoots, the creation of brand content, Experience content and all other content employed in Black Diamond marketing programs.
- Works with Product Category Directors to develop accurate and engaging consumer-focused product literature.
- Ownership of content database.
- Develops and maintains BD style guide
- Works with the Social Media Producer for day-to-day content on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels
- Executes other projects as directed by the Content and Creative Services Director.
Skills and General Experience:
- Enthusiastic storyteller with a demonstrated talent for multimedia storytelling and an ability to create engaging, meaningful content.
- Passionate climber and/or skier; Capable of articulating intimate familiarity with climbing, backcountry skiing and mountain recreation.
- Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills; great accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Familiarity with Adobe CS 6, including Premiere (or Final Cut Pro) preferred. Facility with Apple OS a must.
- Ability to read, write and understand technical product language, and translate into copy understandable and relevant to climbers and skiers.
- Prioritization skills, organization skills and ability to meet tight deadlines mandatory.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open work space environment.
- Work well under pressure and deadlines; Comfortable with change.
- Knowledge of and experience with Black Diamond products
Bachelors Degree – Liberal Arts or Business
BA in English or Journalism
Two to four years experience with writing, copywriting and proofreading. One to three years experience with multimedia storytelling.
The above experience in the outdoor industry
9 months ago
Black Diamond Equipmentwww.blackdiamondequipment.com
Here at Black Diamond it's all about climbing and skiing. We share the same experiences that you do on rock, ice and snow and these experiences push us to make the best gear possible for our worldwide family of climbers and skiers.What began with a backyard anvil and a hammer has now grown into a global company with offices on three continents. Black Diamond is a company that's not just for rock climbers and skiers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live, their values and goals, past, present and future. Since 1957, our innovative gear designs have set the standard in numerous areas. This is partly the result of dedication, desire and diligence on the part of an incredible team of people. It's also a product of the fact that each of us are climbers and skiers ourselves.We're a company of users. It's who we are. We're the greatest dreamers about what could be, and the harshest of critics about what exists. Because of this, the creation of Black Diamond is a process that will never end. The company today is more committed than ever, thanks to the many people here in the U.S., at Black Diamond Europe and at Black Diamond Asia whose limitless energy and hands-on involvement have created a promising future for all climbers and skiers worldwide.