Added by Matt Clark
- Distance: 27.5km roundtrip
- True Canadian Rockies backcountry experience
- Can be used as a base for day hikes to Mt Assiniboine and surrounding areas including the Wonder Pass trail
- The gentle grade to the Bryant Creek Cabin make it accessible to most able hikers and skiers
- The Cabin has two sleeping rooms with a wood stove and cooking area
This moderate graded backcountry hike or ski in the winter can take 5-8 hours (one way).
Most people hike or ski in from the Mt. Shark parking lot in Kananaskis Country, a 30 min. drive from Canmore, Alberta.
From Mt. Shark Parking Lot (off the Smith-Dorrien Road), take the Watridge Lake Trail to the Banff National Park Boundary (approx. 5.5 km) then continue on the Bryant Creek Trail to the shelter for another 8.3 km. Total hike/ski to shelter: 13.8 km.
- Enough food/water for two+ days
- Toilet paper
- Warm sleeping bag
- Cooking utensils
- Foamy or sleeping pad
Please respect the places you find on The Outbound.
Always practice Leave No Trace ethics on your adventures. Be aware of local regulations and don't damage these amazing places for the sake of a photograph. Learn More
ReviewsLeave a Review
Have you done this adventure? Have something to add? You could be the first to leave a review!
More Adventures Nearby
Hike to Bragg Creek Ice Cave
Canada / Canyon Creek Trail
Also known as Moose Mountain Ice Cave, Canyon Creek Ice Cave and Ing Mine. The cave is located on the west side of Moose Ridge andhas a huge entrance, it is approximately1,600 ft. in depth.
Hike through McGillivray Canyon
Canada / Mcgillivray Slabs Trailhead
Between Pigeon Mountain and Mount McGilliveray, pull off the road and slow down until you see a little dirt road turn off to the large parking area.