Added by Matt Clark
- Distance: 27.5km roundtrip
- True Canadian Rockies backcountry experience
- Can be used as a base for day hikes to Mt Assiniboine and surrounding areas including the Wonder Pass trail
- The gentle grade to the Bryant Creek Cabin make it accessible to most able hikers and skiers
- The Cabin has two sleeping rooms with a wood stove and cooking area
This moderate graded backcountry hike or ski in the winter can take 5-8 hours (one way).
Most people hike or ski in from the Mt. Shark parking lot in Kananaskis Country, a 30 min. drive from Canmore, Alberta.
From Mt. Shark Parking Lot (off the Smith-Dorrien Road), take the Watridge Lake Trail to the Banff National Park Boundary (approx. 5.5 km) then continue on the Bryant Creek Trail to the shelter for another 8.3 km. Total hike/ski to shelter: 13.8 km.
- Enough food/water for two+ days
- Toilet paper
- Warm sleeping bag
- Cooking utensils
- Foamy or sleeping pad
Please respect the places you find on The Outbound.
Always practice Leave No Trace ethics on your adventures. Be aware of local regulations and don't damage these amazing places for the sake of a photograph. Learn More
ReviewsLeave a Review
Have you done this adventure? Have something to add? You could be the first to leave a review!
More Adventures Nearby
Hike Bluenose Mountain
Canada / Bluenose Mountain Trailhead
Let Bluenose Mountain turn you into a morning person with its spectacular sunrise views! Directions to trail head: Starting from Vernon, head East on Highway 6 for about 12km then turn left onto.
Hike Cirque Lake
Canada / Callaghan Lake Parking Area, Whistler
Cirque Lake can only be accessed by boating across Callaghan Lake. Start from the Callaghan parking/camping area and take your boat over to the lake.